Retail IQ Limited and this website complies with the DPA (Data Protection Act 1998) and already complies with the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) which came into effect in May 2018. We will update this policy accordingly after the completion of the UK's exit from the European Union.
What we collect
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on the Indian Grocery Store Website including name, contact details and demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests;
- order details;
- any correspondence between you and us;
- any surveys that we may ask you to complete;
- details of your visits to the Indian Grocery Store Website and the resources that you access, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise;
- information about your purchases made via the Indian Grocery Store Website.
What we do with the information we gather
We use this information to understand your needs and to provide you with the best service possible. In particular, we use this information for the following purposes:
- to provide the service of fulfilling orders placed by our website
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to contact you in response to a specific enquiry;
- to improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to improve the products and services we provide;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our website about goods or services that may interest you or them;
- to send you promotional emails, postal mailings or to call you about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you;
- to contact you via email, telephone or mail for market research reasons;
- for our own internal records.
How long we keep information
We keep information for as long as necessary to comply with legislation or to fulfill the purpose for which we collected the information. Order data is currently kept for 7 years according to legal requirements and this timescale will change in line with any new directives.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small files saved to the user's computer(s) hard drive that track, save and store information about your interactions and usage of the website. This allows us, through our server, to provide you with a tailored experience within this website.
You are advised that if you wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website on your computer's hard drive you should take necessary steps within your web browsers security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors or use the cookie control system if available upon your first visit.
The cookies on this website are either set by us or by our third party partners and fall into the following categories:
We want to ensure we provide a good experience. These cookies (which are set by third parties providing services to us) allow us to monitor how visitors use our website. These cookies provide us with anonymous statistics on how many people visit the website and where they have come from and the pages they visit so that we can continue to develop and improve the website and our services. They also help us understand the effectiveness of our advertising.
Please note that if you adjust your internet browser settings to refuse the setting of cookies, you may not be able to access or use fully certain parts or functionality of the website.
Cookies and browser settings
The help feature on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie and how to disable cookies altogether.
Links to other Websites
Website Visitor Tracking
We use tracking software to monitor our visitors to better understand how you use the website. The software will save a cookie to your computer's hard drive in order to track and monitor your engagement and usage of the website, but will not store, save or collect personal information.
Contact & Communication With Us
Users contacting us through this website do so at their own discretion and provide any such personal details requested at their own risk. Your personal information is kept private and stored securely until a time it is no longer required or has no use.
Where we have clearly stated and made you aware of the fact, and where you have given your express permission, we may use your details to send you products/services information. This is done in accordance with the regulations named in 'The policy' above.
We may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile Data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you. We only use the data you provide to us directly for this purpose.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising.
We engage in direct marketing - such as emails, postal mailings, SMS and telemarketing activities with people who have previously bought products from us, or who have registered with us through the site, competitions, or newsletters and this is in our legitimate interests. We will offer a way out of receiving such marketing activities in marketing communication sent.
We may also send out postal marketing for the purpose of growing our sales which is in our legitimate interests and in this scenario we will rely on you to let us know if you do not want to receive this by opting out of marketing.
We may also send SMS alerts or make telephone calls, in this scenario we will also rely on you to let us know if you do not want to receive this by opting out of marketing.
Where you have not previously bought from us but have registered your details with us (for example by entering a competition or signing up for a newsletter), we will only send you marketing communications if you opted into receiving marketing at the time and so given us your express consent (which you may withdraw at any time).
Email Mailing List
Controlling your personal information
- In the event that we sell any of Retail IQ Limited’s business or assets, we may disclose your personal data to the prospective buyer of such business or assets.
- If Retail IQ Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by Indian Grocery Store about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
You may make a request under the Data Protection Act 1998 for details of the personal information that we hold about you.. If you would like a copy of the information held about you please write email@example.com.
You are responsible for ensuring that the details you provide to us are correct and complete. If you believe that any information we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible, at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Indian Grocery Store
7 Garland Road